The EOS-1D Mark IV is a high-speed performance beast with a 16-megapixel sensor, and Dual DIGIC 4 Processors. The camear shoots at 10 frames per second and is the second camera ever to have ISO expandable to 102400. This new camera also features 1080p HD video at selectable frame rates.
This has been the strangest release in Canon’s history. We–and I’m going to speak for a lot of photographers here when I say this–have been waiting and waiting for Canon to step up the 1d series and tonight they’ve done just that. The Canon 1D Mark IV is the newest and hottest camera on the market.
Canon 1D Mark IV Key Features
* 16-megapixel APS-H (1.3x crop factor) CMOS sensor (4896 x 3264 pixels)
* Sensitivity range: ISO 100 to 12,800, expandable to ISO 50 and ISO 102,400
* Updated auto focus system with 39 cross-type sensors
* New, AI Servo II predictive auto focus
* 10 frames per second full resolution RAW
* Flash sync: 1/300th second
* HD video: 1080p at 30, 24, and 25 frames per second – 720p at 60 frames per second
* Manual video exposure control
* Optional stereo sound with microphone line-in
* Dual DIGIC 4 Image Processors
* 14-bit analogue to digital conversion
* Three RAW modes (16, 9 and 4 megapixels)
* 3-inch, 920k Clear View II LCD display
* “Completely weather-resistant”
* Rugged, magnesium alloy chassis
* 100% coverage optical viewfinder
* 300,000-cycle shutter
Canon 1D Mark IV Availability
The 1D Mark IV is scheduled to be available in late December. It’s gonna cost you your next three paychecks–the body is expected to be $4999.00. That’s up about $500 compared to the 1D Mark III price. But you have to expect that when you’re getting that much cameraz-a full HD video capable camera, and a super fast, pro dslr.
Check out these truly amazing samples from over at Vincent Laforet’s blog. He has been testing the camera for some time now.