Remember back when Chase Jarvis launched the Nikon D90 campaign? Well Nikon and Chase Jarvis have done it again with the new Nikon D7000 project. The first campaign they did was extremely successful and led the way for future campaigns by companies like Canon to do the same. I don’t doubt that this one will be just as successful if not more.
Nikon called up Chase Jarvis and said, “Chase-san. We have a new camera…” (I got a kick out of the “Chase-san” part the first go-around, and I’m definitely laughing about it again). They gave him cameras, the creative freedom and a budget to work with. Chase grabbed his friends and team and took to the road to make it happen. I’m especially blown away by the images that were produced from this shoot. Almost all of the images have a beautiful and tasteful sun flare which really makes me melt.
• 16.2 megapixels with new Nikon DX-format CMOS sensor (4,928 x 3,264 pixels)
• ISO sensitivity range from 100 to 6400 at normal setting; can be raised to ISO 25600
• Full HD (1080p) D-Movie
• H.264/mpeg-4 video compression
• Makes .mov files at 24fps in 1080 (30fps at 720HD)
• Movie has built in mono, but stereo sound recording capability with optional external mic via stereo mini jack
• 20 minute movie recording times
• High durability magnesium alloy body (dust and water resistant)
• 6 frames per second shooting
• 9, 21, 39 AF Point Selection
• Double SD card slots
• 12 or 14 bit color depth
• HDMI out display port
• Nikon Creative Lighting System (CLS) capabilities onboard