We wait and wait all year for the camera companies to release new cameras so we can desire the biggest and baddest. Just this morning Canon announced their new addition to the high-end camera line, the EOS 7d. Now, before we get into it here, lets list the facts/specs about the camera:
• 18MP APS-C CMOS sensor
• 1.6x Crop
• 8 frames per second continuous shooting
• 1080p HD video recording with manual controls
• 3.0 inch Clear View II LCD screen with 920,000 dots
• 19-point AF system (all cross-type)
• 1.0x magnification and 100% coverage viewfinder
• Wireless flash control
• Environmental sealing
• $1699 price tag (body only)
Read the full review here.
Now, what do you think.
Is this a camera that is fully worthy of a release at this point? Do you believe that Canon should have spent their time releasing or designing something else? If so, what and why?
Note: I’ve started the debate by this comment earlier this morning.